Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Everyone should read this. Seriously.

Editorial Ass: It Is a Truth Universally Acknowledged That an Individual in Possession of a Word Processor Must Be in Want of a Book Deal (or, What Would Jane Do?)

Especially:

a) struggling writers who feel discouraged

b) struggling writers who are whining and feel the world is against them

c) writers considering a contract with a publisher without any input on the contract from an agent or lawyer who understands publishing

d) anyone who loves a great blog post title

e) anyone who loves Jane Austen.

I also particularly enjoyed reading one of the comments, by poster Briane P. A veritable essay onto itself.

5 comments:

Barrie said...

Interesting tidbits. But, yikes, so frustrating. Thanks for the link. I'd been meaning to poke around for this post.

Kwana said...

Thanks for this Maureen. Must stop complaining.

Marilyn Brant said...

So, you must've know it would be impossible for me not to read this :). Thanks for the link, Maureen! I don't check Ed.A. nearly as often as I should, though I love that blog... And, yeah, isn't Jane's publication story remarkable. So, so, so much time, U-turns, obstacles and revision. I'm always in awe. Always inspired by it.

L.A. Mitchell said...

Hopefully, recognition will predate death for us all.

Loved the inspiration (and the movie/music model for the publishing industry)

Maria Geraci said...

Thaks for the link, Maureen. I always love me some Jane!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...