Friday, December 18, 2009

Hooked on Vampire Diaries

I saw the first episode of Vampire Diaries when it aired back in the fall and kind of went, "M'eh."

Didn't hate it, but didn't like it enough to set my already way too busy DVR. But this week, while not much else was on, Much Music, up here in Canada has been showing back to back episodes all week and boy, have I got sucked in. (Pun intended.)

What I hadn't realized before was that Kevin Williamson was the writer. I didn't watch Dawson's Creek the first time around, either, but did catch a bunch of them in syndication and totally got the appeal of that show. Witty repartee and teen angst. What's not to love?

And now Vampire Diaries: witty repartee, teen angst and hot, hot vampires.

Not to mention Boone from Lost. Yowza. I know it's a little sick, but that Boone loves his sister subplot from the first season of Lost was one of my favourite subplots, although it might have had more to do with his eyes and the way he looked at her than the actual writing.

But regardless, it's great to see that actor on TV again and in such a great role. I totally feel like a cougar. A cougar who wants the hot bad-boy vampire. Wow. Sick.

10 comments:

Chevy Stevens said...

I caught and early episode of this show and wasn't all that thrilled. But maybe I should give it another shot...

Maureen McGowan said...

Oh, stay away if you can. :-)

I think watching 10 episodes all at once thing helped me get hooked.

But it is more interesting than I expected, and the pacing is fast. Might work up a real blog about it for DWT at some point.

I find the lead female a bit annoying (even though I want to like her, because the actor's from Toronto) but she is strong and makes her own decisions (as opposed to the girl in that other teen vampire thing. ;-)

And the writing is snappy. Some hilariously subtle lines.

I think they're also good at keeping you on your toes. Killing off characters, etc.

And I just like Boone from Lost. ;-)

Chevy Stevens said...

I can't stand the girl in that other vampire thing. Makes me cringe!!!

Maureen McGowan said...

They make jokes about Twilight on Vampire Diaries. It can be funny. "No I don't sparkle. I live in the real world where vampires burn to a crisp in the sun."

Chevy Stevens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chevy Stevens said...

Had to delete my last one because I made some terrible typos! Here is is again.

That's funny! I never got the whole sparkle thing. Or the brooding thing, which just makes Edward look like he hates her, and don't even get me going about her constantly chewing her lip. Argh!

Chevy Stevens said...

And yet, I mess up again. I'm leaving it!

Kwana said...

I watch the first and didn't come back until the weekend when I watched another and like you thought it was kinda good. I may give it another go.

L.A. Mitchell said...

Holy Cow! Boone is on there? I'm SO going out to watch it right now :) Thanks for the heads-up, M :)

Kelly Boyce said...

I haven't watched the series but I read the books about 20 years ago when they first came out and they remain to this day on my favorites shelf. I'm afraid to watch the series in case it doesn't live up to the books.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...