Monday, November 12, 2012

Update!

This weekend, the YA Apocalypse Tour headed all the way to Belleville, Ontario--about 2 hours east of Toronto--with authors Megan Crewe, Cheryl Rainfield, Lesley Livingston and Courtney Summers.

It was a great road trip. Highlights included: watching in awe as Lesley Livingston donned mascara in my passenger seat while we zipped along the 401, ordering food off the Hobbit menu at Denny's and seeing some of the Ontario Blogger crew again!

 

I'm not sure what a turkey and stuffing sandwich has to do with Gandalf or The Hobbit, but not sure I care. It was yummy.

Here's a photo of the end cap of our books in the store. And look. Mine's on top! So, if you live within driving distance of the Chapters in Belleville, head on down to buy a signed copy. DEVIANTS will make a great Christmas gift (for you or someone on your list.)


Today, I'm on two different blogs.

First, the lovely Sarah Fine, whose novel SANCTUM came out 2 weeks before mine, asked me some really interesting questions about the origins of my dystopian world and the relationship between Glory and her disabled brother Drake.

Check it out here:  http://thestrangestsituation.blogspot.ca/2012/11/deviants-by-maureen-mcgowan.html

Also today, I'm a special guest at adult author, Marie Treanor's Fairy Tale Party!

At the Fairy Tale Party, I posed the question: are dystopians the new fairy tales? Marie's blog has some 18+ content... (Not all fairy tale adaptations are rated PG...) But do stop by if you're 18+. I'm giving away two books! A signed hardcover copy of Deviants and a signed trade paperback copy of Cinderella: Ninja Warrior. http://romanticthemeparty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/welcome-maureen-mcgowan.html

Also... if you're in the US, Amazon.com dropped the price for the hardcover version for DEVIANTS!

Right now, the hardcover is only $8.87 and the e-book is $3.99.  Not sure how long the sales will last, so I suggest you buy multiple copies now--just in case the apocalypse comes and you run out of books. (That's a joke for those of you who don't know me well enough to appreciate my sense of humor. ;-) The sale is no joke, though. :-) )

In other news... Madly finishing up the polish edit for Compliance (The Dust Chronicles #2) which will be coming out May 21, 2013!!! Then I need to finish the third book, ASAP. Ack! No sleep for the wicked. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...