Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hot Danny?

Okay.

So the latest cheesy reality show snagged me tonight. (Because I could care less about American football. Don't even know who was playing and wasn't that excited to see Prince in the half-time show.)

In this new show, six potential Danny's and six potential Sandy's are competing for the roles in a new Broadway production of Grease.

The producers have given "cute" names to each of the contestants to help we, the viewers, remember them, and my least favourite of the bunch has been dubbed "Hot Danny".

He's slick, I'll give him that, but he's arrogantly overconfident about his chances of winning. Hot? (Okay, in the shirtless shot they showed of him in his previous career as a model he does have great abs...) But his hair!!! Yuck. And his dance moves and the way he looks at the camera make me think Gay-Bar-Go-Go-Dancer Danny, not Hot Danny. (Actually, his hair doesn't look as bad in this photo as it does on stage. It totally overwhelms him. He's got this tiny face and Texas-Beauty-Queen hair.

Okay, this post is super mean. But am I wrong? Anyone else watch?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that when one is dubbed "hot", it's human nature to pick his hotness apart. At least that's how perverse me thinks.

Is it my imagination or did your color scheme change?

Anonymous said...

I hated the whole Super Bowl thing, too. I didn't even know who was playing. I rented a forgettable movie last night and so missed this new reality show. Damn. I'll be sure to watch for hot boy Danny next week. He does look a bit twee. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Maureen McGowan said...

True, Kimber... But I couldn't stand this guy BEFORE he was dubbed that. (Okay, in saying that I'll have to admit I watched the audition rounds for this show, too.)

I "upgraded" (HA!) to the new blogger and haven't had time to do much with the layout yet... I hate that to get the look I used to have, I'm going to have to do that work all over again... Which wasn't easy for me, because I don't really know HTML very well. The original template I used had numbers and stuff all over it. They have the same one in the new blogger, but I have yet to even try to replicate what I did the first time to get rid of the crap I didn't like and change some of the colours etc....

More important things to do right now. :-)

Maureen McGowan said...

Maia, you're so right that there's absolutely nothing wrong with him coming off a little twee...

But he's auditioning for Danny Zuko (sp?) who's supposed to be this tough hood... Doesn't work for me.

The Girl You Used to Know said...

okay, this guy looks like the son of Lorenzo Lamas and Ashton Kutcher.

I'm so glad I refused to watch that show, cuz if this cheeseball is their idea of "hot" I'm in trouble.

Anonymous said...

I watched the Superbowl- based on your post I may have chosen wisely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...