Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Double tagged

Is that like being double dog dared?

The lovely and talented Louisa Edwards tagged me earlier in the week and then the equally lovely and talented Kwana did the same.

So, I guess I'd better get off my you know what and take the tag (before everyone we mutually know is already tagged. )

The rules of this MEME:

Link to the person who tagged you.
Leave a comment on their blog, so their readers can visit you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your blog.
Include links to their blogs and let each of them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Okay... so I feel like I may have revealed some of these things before... but here goes.

Random Facts about Maureen McGowan....

1. I played the lead in the musical Oliver in high school. Yes. Me as a 9 year old boy. Singing.
2. By the time I was 10, I'd moved 10 times.
3. I ruptured my achilles tendon playing volleyball about 15 years ago. I know. Me. Five feet tall. Playing volleyball. Crazy. ;-)
4. I've hiked in and out of the Grand Canyon. Twice.
5. I've been above the arctic circle -- on the ground, not just on a plane.
6. My nine year old niece is the same height as I am.
7. I can still do the splits. (But it hurts now. Never used to hurt, damn it.)

Okay, so I tag: Marilyn Brant, Christine D'Abo, Nadine Dajani, Michelle Rowen, Margaret Moore, Misty Simon, and Eileen Cook.

7 comments:

Louisa Edwards said...

Tagged twice? That's rough. Can you tell the romance-novel-writing world is a small one?

I can't believe you played Oliver Twist in HIGH SCHOOL.

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I can still do the splits, too! (and yes, they hurt me now, as well...)

Kristen Painter said...

I am so impressed with a) you playing Oliver and b) your ability to still do the splits. (And you too Mel.)

Every year my goal is to be able to do a split before my birthday passes. I still can't do one. I've gotten close tho.

Maureen McGowan said...

Louisa... not only was I in high school... I was in grade 12! I beat out some actual going through puberty still 14 year old boys for the part. Go figure.

I hope no one asks me to prove this whole split thing. I need to be really warmed up these days. So sad. Used to be so easy.

Barrie said...

Congratulations on your Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award!!

You can still do the splits? Holy Toledo!

Marilyn Brant said...

I'm fascinated by the Arctic Circle trip--when did you do that? And, like everyone else, I'm impressed by your ability to still do the splits. It's been decades for me...:)

Congrats, again, on the Amazon Breakthrough Novel semi-finals!!

Kwana said...

I'm so impressed. I've never been able to do a split.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...