Friday, February 27, 2009

I heart Tina Fey

30 Rock never disappoints -- 30 minutes (okay, 22) of pure fun with at least one big laugh a night... but when Liz started singing "99 Red Balloons" as a proxy for her fake dead grandmother's lullaby... I lost it.

And Elisa's line:
"I don't want to get all all Mark Anthony on you"
was pretty funny, too.

Not to mention Jack, coming into Liz's office for advice:
"You're a woman."
Liz, responding all in one breath:
"Of-course-I-am-that-doctor-was-a-quack-I-don't-even-know-why-my-parents-listened-to-him."

And Jack:
But she keeps confusing me with this notion that love and sex are somehow connected.

I love me some 30 Rock.

5 comments:

Louisa Edwards said...

I clearly need to start watching this show again. I was all fired up and excited for it, because I also heart Tina Fey, but then I found the first season very uneven. Some episodes were truly genius, and some were just. Not. But I think they may have ironed out the kinks now, so I'm setting my Tivo! Thanks for reminding me.

Marilyn Brant said...

Last night was the first time I watched 30 Rock and, I have to say, the "99 Red Balloons" and the "Mark Anthony" line both had me laughing aloud :).

Eileen said...

I worship Tina Fey. I want to be her in my next life.

Maureen McGowan said...

I still haven't watched the first season, Louisa. I've bought the DVD's but haven't watched them.

But this season and the few I saw last season have KILLED. (What season is it now? 3? 4? Not sure.)

There was this one last season with Gladys Knight and the Pips, though, that was freaking brilliant.

Alec Baldwin is turning into an awesome comic. His reactions to things crack me up.

Maria Geraci said...

TF is the best! Did you see her with Steve Martin at the Oscars? They were one of the best parts of the night:)
And I'm a huge fan of 30 Rock too. Best episode: when Tina quits to go write screenplays with Carrie Fisher. OMG.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...