Friday, September 11, 2009

Captain Harkness!



More than four years ago, when I was visiting my brother and sister-in-law, who were living outside of London at the time, I must've inadvertently signed up for a newsletter that comes about 4 or 5 times a year, listing ticket deals for the latest West End plays. I'm sure I could unsubscribe... but figure, why?

And this a.m. I got a big answer to why not. Check out this photo of John Barrowman for a production of La Cage Aux Folles. I assume it's him. It kind of looks like him. He is very pretty.

I blame Amy Ruttan and Christine D'Abo and Wylie Kinson for getting me started on watching Torchwood. I admit it was a bit of a slow burn for me. Was ready to give up after first couple of episodes, but then I got totally and completely hooked. And a big part of that was getting past Barrowman's (for me) corny acting to focus on his overall hotness, especially the hot looks he often gives to the other actors, male and female. I want to go to London to see this play now. Anyone have a spare thousand dollars or so? Please?

4 comments:

Wylie Kinson said...

Oh la! He IS pretty. And though I'd love to take 1/3 credit for your Barrowman affection, alas... I've never seen an episode of Torchwood. Should I?
He was charming as a judge on the reality-show search for The Sound of Music's Maria, however.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the dark side of Torchwood. Honestly, I don't think there are many people who could have played Jack and pulled it off. Barrowman's ability for camp, yet serious is awesome. He really shined in season three.

Next time I see you, if you've watched season three we'll chat. As a writer, I'd love to hear your opinion of some of their choices. As a fan...well, we'll talk.

Maureen McGowan said...

Christine, I've only watched Season One... and the Children mini-series thing... Must fill in the gaps.

Amy Ruttan said...

I'm late to this post, but yeah I know totally over the top acting, but DANG it hooks you good.

Christine is a bad influence, or at least my DH thinks so. LOL! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...