Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Camping!

I'm going camping. Serious camping. No shower for five days camping. Okay, it's car camping -- not backpacking -- the kind of camping where you can bring everything but the kitchen sink as long as it fits in your trunk, but still... I'm not even sure if there will be flush toilets.

To aid this camping adventure, I bought a tent this week (I've always mooched off others in the past) and a new, lighter sleeping bag more suitable, I hope, to the hot weather we've been having lately.

It's been a while since I've done more than one night in a tent and I'm not sure how I'll enjoy four in a row... Also, I'm going with my brother and his friends. Yes, I know all these people, but they're his friends, not mine, so that might be a little weird.

Things I'll miss:

  • Results night on Rockstar... but this early in the competition, who cares? I don't feel super passionate about any of the contestants this year yet anyway... Last year, (after thinking it was the tackiest idea I'd ever heard of and that INXS had sunk about as low as they could go), I came across it while channel surfing the night JD was doing his encore performance of California Dreaming and I was hooked. Dilana is pretty intersting this year... I should vote for Lukas because he's from my home town (like JD), but I just don't really like him so far... He's so full of himself and not in a good way. Intersting that both seasons the badboy asshole of the house is the Canadian boy... Kinda goes against stereotype, don't it? (We're actually all jerks up here. We just act nice for tourists.) :-)

  • Canada's Next Top Model. (Down to the final 4) Yes, it's the same formula as the American one and yes, it's just as silly and just as compulsively fun to watch.

  • The internet. It's embarrassing how addicted I am to my blogs and my loops and my e-mail...

  • Washing with hot water... I fear for my contacts (not to mention my delicate skin). I'm rather prone to eye infections due to very narrow (nearly non-existent) tear ducts that make my eyes water a lot... Not being able to wash easily or often will be a challenge.

  • A mosquito free environment. Okay, there are mosquito's in Toronto, but not very many. The smog gets them. There was a huge amount of rain yesterday so I imagine there will be oodles of mosquitos. Not looking forward to bite-scarred legs at Nationals.

  • My critique group meeting. We had such a great meeting last week. Everyone seems to be in a great groove right now -- producing great work. I'm bummed I won't be there this week.

  • BLOGGING! Okay, I haven't been the most consistent blogger yet. But I'll miss making posts and checking the comments and obsessing over how many hits I get and from where... What fun!

Speaking of blogging. I have an announcement...

The Drunk Writer Talk Blog is launching next week! The first post should be up on Monday. There are 3 of us contributing and our drunken evil plan to conquer blogdom is to start by pointing on Mon, Wed and Fri. Most weeks, we think, Molly will do Mon, I'll do Wed and Sinead will do Friday. We plan to talk about lots of things... The kind of things we talk about when we drink together. Should be a lot of fun. Come check us out.

And.... I bought a full pass for the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) again. I know... crazy. I could have/should have gone for something less grueling... There are 30 coupon books and 10 coupon books available... But I know once the time comes, I'll be glad I'm going all out. Except for the first night and the last day, there are usually at least 4 movies in each time slot I'm absolutely dieing to see... So many films, so liitle time.

One final thing... My CP Teresa Roblin was just interviewed on the Karen knows best blog. Check it out. Teresa is the sweetest person you'd ever hope to meet. (As long as you don't hurt anyone she cares about -- then, watch out!)

Bye for now... See you Monday! (If I dont get eaten by mosquitos--or a bear.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who watched Canada's Next Top Model. I can't stop. Oh the shame....

Maureen McGowan said...

We'll start a support group. :-)
Gotta go load the car...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...